Tuesday, July 26, 2005



Decisions

TP has another endoscopy (ERCP) tomorrow, this time it's to take the stent out. That's a good thing, but I am a bit nervous about it because she's been doing so well with it in. I am afraid that once it's gone, then the stricture will narrow again, causing the same problems as before (the elevated liver enzymes and intense itching). So, then they'll need to do yet another ERCP to put in another stent. A complication of this procedure is pancreatitis, which she already developed after the first one. I'm going to have a nice long talk with the doctor about this tomorrow. Not only is this risky in terms of her health, but even after our insurance pays, we end up owing $500.00. She's worth every penney, but our medical bills are beginning to mount.

Being a parent of a chronically ill child can become exhausting. And, that feeling has become particularly overwhelming this summer, what with all the procedures she has had. The brief respite of vacation was wonderful, but I find myself increasingly becoming "burned out".

I have also decided I need to increase my hours in my private practice. So, I need to devote more time to "growing my business". I am in the process of putting everything on a computer (finally), which is also time consuming.

DQ is starting her freshman year at a new school in a few weeks, so I want to become involved in some groups there, too. Plus, it's TP's senior year, so we are in the process of "interviewing" colleges, plus seeking out scholarships.

So, perhaps you will now understand why I have come to the decision to back out of God's Gals for the time being. I think I got caught up in the excitement when I was asked without looking at it realistically, and for that, I apologize to the other women for pulling out so soon. However, I will look at how things are going after Labor Day, and perhaps I can contribute a story once a month then, rather than every week.

Blessings to all. I'll let you know how the ERCP goes tomorrow. Please keep TP in your prayers.

3 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear of your daughter's illness. I will keep her and your family in my prayers. (hugs) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

God's Gals will be there waiting for you, don't worry. As you say, you are your kids mom, take care of them. (I love Dr. Laura)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Mrs. Diamond: Thank you for your prayers.

Stacy: I am a BIG fan of Dr. Laura, too!

Valerie

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page