Monday, August 22, 2005



Getting Back on Schedule

Well, the "lazy days" of summer are officially over, for this family anyway. This evening, hubby and I went to a parents meeting at DQ's new high school. Great meeting - friendly but
no-nonsense principal, helpful teachers and guidance counselors who are there to help your child (not treat them like an imposition or a bother - but that's another story). Hubby was very, very impressed, as was I.

So, tomorrow is freshman orientation and a luncheon for DQ. Tuesday is TP's first day of school, and Wednesday is DQ's first day of school. Both kids are in the "dreading it but can't wait to get back, either" stage right now. I'm in melancholy but somewhat excited frame of mind. Melancholy because this year is such an important year for both girls and they are getting more independent, and excited because I am so hopeful that this year will be extraordinary for both of them. I am looking forward to making new friends myself at DQ's new school. I am looking forward to helping TP get ready for college. And I am looking forward to more of a schedule - lately, I have tended to put things off rather than tackle them right away, but I can't do that anymore.

So, I pray that the girls will remain safe and healthy this year, and to continue to be role models to others of what a Christian young woman can be, and to enjoy their academic and social pursuits.

I'll say a prayer for all of you with kids who are starting a new school year, too. God bless them all.

7 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Say a prayer for the mom's while your at it! I am stressed thinking about school starting on Sept. 9th. I need to get clothing and supplies and busses arranged. I feel nervous that I will forget something.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Carol: We've had some school counselors who shouldn've have EVER gone into that field, so it's a true blesiing to find one that truly cares about your child. I'm glad you have one like that.

I love the nicknames of your kids!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Darlene: Yup, the moms are on my prayer list, too. The organizational skills and the patience and the nurturing we do are priceless (and can be exhausting). I wish our school system would wait until after Labor Day like yours - it was that way when I was a kid, so it still feels like they're going back to school in the middle of summer!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Thanks, Paul. But PlEASE uncross those fingers, or how will you type for your blog and your comments???? The verdict might be out for a few days - and I'd hate to be responsible for the uproar that would cause in our blogging community (and, for an untimely death lest you should starve!).

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Tyra - And I'll say a prayer that all goes smoothly for you and your kids. "Juggling" for moms should become an Olympic event!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Oh Paula - Thank you for the nicest prayer. It means a lot that you came over and visited me today! I think it will be a great year for my girls, too - and I wish the same for your kids, too.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hey Paul - You'd definitely be missed, so just keep those fingers moving!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page