Thursday, February 02, 2006



The 5 of 5 Meme

Hector, http://www.beaconforlife.blogs.com , at "Your Pastoral Coach, decided to pass on this meme to me. I had to choose from these two questions:

1). What five things would you ask Jesus should you get into Heaven? OR
2). Who are the first five people you'd like to see in Heaven?

I was going to do question one, but then I changed my mind and decided to answer question two.

The first five people I'd like to see in Heaven are my Mom, my Dad, my best friend Ruth, my husband's Granmother, and my Aunt Margaret. I am also looking forward to meeting ALL of my grandparent when I get up there - for I never met them here on earth (they all were dead before I was even born). My Mom died when I was 14, and my Dad died when I was 33, so I have essentially been an "orphan" for 18 years. My best friend died almost 10 years ago - a loss so painful that I still get tears in my eyes to this day when I think about her. My husband's Grandmother was very much like a grandmother to me in every way imaginable - we became so close that I named TP after her. And my Aunt Margaret was a lady in every sense of the word - very classy and elegant, yet kind and compassionate.

I am supposed to "tag" some of you, but the last time I did that, I was chastised by my picks, so I am leaving it up to my readers to decide if they want to participate. I happen to like meme's, but I realize most people don't, so I don't want to *burden* any of you. So, if you want to play, go for it!

And, don't forget to VOTE for the "Best So Far" Blog Awards - some people you know are nominated over there. POLLS CLOSE FEBRUARY 3RD AT MIDNIGHT! The link is http://blogginoutloud.blogspot.com/2006/02/best-so-far-blog-awards.html . It takes a long time for the page to load, so please be patient.

7 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Pilgrim said...

I find memes to be work, but I learn something from doing them, so I do end up liking them.

That link to the blog contest has not worked for me. Maybe I need to take the html off.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

That's a kinda cool Meme. Feel free to tag me next time around...I tend to be lazy about doing them unless I'm tagged....and then I find it fun! :)

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Good questions. Loved Paula's answer's, especially the fist one! What I would ask Jesus (taking care not to swipe from Paula)
1. Show me the reason for suffering
2. How come so many people say that there is no understandable reason for suffering?
3. Let me do word studies for 100 years - oh, that is not a question.
3. Will I be able to fly? I bet the answer is yes
4. Okay, I can't help it. Jesus, let me sit in your lap.
5. Why did you choose me?

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Julana - Yes, they are work, but I think they're fun, too. Also, the link to the blog contest can just be www.blogginoutloud.com, I believe. It does take a few minutes to load.

Tammy - OKAY! Consider yourself tagged - please do it on your blog!

Hey Paula - What wonderful questions to ask our Lord. I especially liked the last one - I'd love to be your neighbor in heaven!!! Love 'ya lots!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hi "Ordinary" - Welcome to my blog! I'm going to pay you a visit in a little while. Thanks for stopping by, and I liked your answers!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Carol ReMarks said...

I don't know what I'd ask Jesus. I'd would just be stunned to be in His presence and probably wouldn't be able to speak.

Five people I'd like to see in heaven? I have to limit it to five? Dang. I can't limit it. I'd like to see all the children. ALL the children. Andrea Yate's children. Susan Smith's children. You get the point. I KNOW they are there but I'd still just like to see them running and skipping and laughing. That's all.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hi Hector: Yes, I liked those questions, too. Thanks for tagging me - it was fun. I was more drawn to answering which five people I would see first rather than the questions because, quite frankly, the questions I would want to ask are a bit too personal.

Carol: I know - I would be stunned, too - and just in awe! All the kids, I know what you mean. You can be sure they are there!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page