Tuesday, February 07, 2006



The Decision Has Been Made

I have had a couple of days to really think this dilemma through about whether or not to continue on with my blog. I talked it over with my husband, and I prayed about it, and I've received from e-mails from some fellow bloggers. All of you know how to make me feel wanted, and even needed - and I so appreciate the kind words, support, and love!

While I don't really want to get into the reasons about why I was feeling the need to stop blogging, I do want to let you know that I've been struggling with this off and on for awhile. Then, when things happen to me, I tend to use them as reasons for leaving or staying. What I decided I really needed to do is to make a commitment, one way or the other, as whether I stay involved in blogging or to bow out forever. I can't keep on bouncing back and forth.

There is still so much inside of me that I have to say, and this is a wonderful place in which to say it. I love to write, and I love keeping a written record about my thoughts about being a mom, and I love to get feedback from this community. I also love to visit other sites and offer bits of myself to people who have come to mean a lot to me. So, for these reasons, I have decided that I am going to stay here and take my house off the market (see Jeff's depiction of my house below with the "For Sale" sign).

For right now, I have to take a little vacation of a day or two, so that I can get caught up on my "to-do list", and then I'll be back with a couple of stories about my girls which will warm your hearts. Thanks, everybody - I appreciate your wanting me to stay. . .

12 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

You put a smile on my face today! I'm glad your staying. I felt as though I might have lost a friend.Can't wait to hear your stories about those precious girls.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

HOORAY!!!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Pilgrim said...

It is always sad when someone leaves, because you have to way to catch up again later. It's a loss unique to the blogosphere. So glad you're staying.
It is a good way of keeping track of one's life. Somehow, it's easier for me to keep up with than a journal, just getting that feedback.
And you feel like you have friends that see a side of you that other people may not. :-)

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Well, now there's a big old answered prayer!

Welcome back my friend. It wouldn't have been the same without ya.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger JodiTucker said...

Yippee!! You're staying! Maybe one day we'll meet face to face since we're in the same general area.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

have a good vacation but i'm so glad you're staying!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I don't know Val, I'm really happy that I quit. Nice to see you though.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks Valarie! I knew I could count on someone to point me in the
right direction. Actually, you said almost exactley what my doctor told
me. I know this is very little to make sucha big fuss over, but I
always worry more for Anna than I would for any of my other children. Not
because they aren't important, because of course they are! Because of
Anna's being immune supressed....you know. Anyway, I am so glad that
you are sticking around. I would have missed you a lot!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I heard rejoicing throughout the land this morning, now I know why!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Sarah: I'm glad I'm staying, too, for I have made a lot of friends like you!

Jeff: Hooray to you, too!! I'm just waiting for my ride in the Think Sink Mobile. . .

Julana: You've made some good points - especially about seeing a side of you that other people may not. I totally agree.

Kevin: Short and sweet and pithy, as always!

Jules: God kept on tugging my heart and He let me know I needed to stay. Let's talk about that Lenten blog soon, ok?

Jodi: I'd love to meet you - if you're ever near Columbus, let me know!

Paula: You're the BEST!

Mrs. D: Methinks my vacation has been short-lived, but I'm glad I'm back!

Stacy - I miss you so much!! I know you're happy with your decision, but I'd still love to keep in touch!

Dawn: And I look forward to getting to know you better!


Sarah: I'm glad to have helped. I am more on the "watch-out" for my daughter with lupus than my other daughter, because illness in her can have dire consequences (even the common cold).


Tyra: And I love reading about your life every day, too!


BerryMom: THat's what I kept on coming back to - that this is a ministry of sorts. Thanks for dropping in!


Darlene: I thought the rejoicing had to do with Jeff changing his underwear! (Do you think he's happy I decided to stay now?).

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

*begins to dance, then falls* Ooops. Well, at least you know I'm happy!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger daisymarie said...

Jules sent me...and seems like it's a very nice place to be.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page