Wednesday, February 08, 2006



An Exciting Announcement

A few days ago, Darlene Schacht of www.wwjblog.blogspot.com fame, announced a project that she had been working on for awhile.. Her brainchild is in the form of an e-zine, of which she is editor, and the link to this magazine can be found on the right hand side of my blog, or by going to www.christianwomenonline.net . She also asked five other women to join her on this adventure - Shannon, Terri, Stephanie, Bonnie, and Paula - and each of them bring a unique perspective to the e-zine.

Darlene e-mailed me on Sunday, and asked if I would like to join her on this endeavor as another contributor. I was so touched and deeply humbled by her request, and of course, I replied that it would be an honor. I have had a long-time dream of writing for a magazine, and Darlene has made my dream come true! My focus will be on my life as a mom to two teenage daughters, who was "chosen" by God to be her kid's mom through adoption - hence the tagline "Chosen to be My Kid's Mom".

As Darlene said, "The site will be non-denominational because its sole purpose is to unite women, and feed them on the Word of God. The columns are written to encourage women to take a deeper walk with God. It will be a wonderful source for personal devotion, and an encouragement to those who are tinkering with the idea of faith. We are women, we are mothers, we are wives, we are human, and in the Spirit we are one".

This is the first month, so the site is still in the process of being set up. We should be fully operational by March 1st. I am SO looking forward to this. Thanks, Darlene, for asking me to join!

14 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You will be a great asset to the group, which didn't feel complete until you joined on.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

What a kind thing for you to say. It's an honor, and I am really looking forward to it!!!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

I can hardly wait to see what you all come up with! You go strut your stuff, Val.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Perhaps I'll have to revisit "getting in touch with my feminine side" and read the magazine.

Or, will there be hot single Christian chicks hanging out there all the time?

Congrats on the invite. And though I give her a hard way to go (which, by the way, she so richly deserves most of the time), Dar will be a great person to work with.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Jules, Thanks for your support!!

Jeff, Your "feminine" side will feel right at home there - in fact, one column deals with recipes! The only hot Christian chicks there are married! :-)
Darlene is great to work with, and she has the patience of a saint to work with me because my computer skills are still at the Neanderthal stage!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Pilgrim said...

Congratulations-- it looks like a good quality place to hang out.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

Congratulations...and how cool is that? I've seen a couple posts around about this here new e-zine!

Have fun! I'll be checking it out!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Carol ReMarks said...

That is wonderful news. Congratulations. I'll bookmark the place and watch for ya.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger ukok said...

Valerie, I'm delighted for you. This means that many more christian women will get to benefit from your wonderful writings.Amen to that!

God Bless.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger JodiTucker said...

Yea!!..........This new e-zine will be great!...with such a good team of writers.....I'll be anxious to read on.....Jodi

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Good for you Val.

Forward Gayla's poem to me.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hey Paula, I'm glad to be in such great company (YOU) with starting up this new endeavor or Darlene's!
I had to smile about what you said about my kids - this weekend was very difficult, so I'm not so sure my youngest would have chosen me!!
Oh, the trials of having teenagers!

Dawn - Thanks so much. It's a true honor for me!

Julana and Bethany - Thank you and thank you. Your support is appreciated!

Carol - I am so glad I found you again - your kind words mean so much to me!

Ukok: Have I ever told you how much YOUR writings inspire me? God's blessings to you, too.

Gayla - Thanks for stopping by. You've been in my thoughts and prayers a lot lately. Yes, I'd really like to have that poem. I can't give out my e-mail address, but I can contact HeyJules and ask her to give you my e-mail address, would that work? I'd love to have that poem!

BWH - Once I get that poem, I will send it to you.

Hector - Thanks so much. I used to be editor of my college newspaper (eons ago), and I found that I was happiest when I was writing.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

I am so proud for you! Great job, girl! This will be fun, for sure.

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

terffic news

Paula is great too. You'll bring a great Godly perspective together.

be blessed

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page