Friday, February 17, 2006



THE LENTEN PRAYER BLOG

How would you like to participate in a Lenten Prayer blog? Jules (from Faith or Fiction) and I have been discussing this project for the last several days, and we need YOUR help! We have narrowed down the blog name to two selections: "Whispers of the Heart" or "Forty Days to Forever". Please leave me a comment below and let me know which one of those names YOU like best, ok? Voting closes this coming Monday morning. (Update - we'll keep the polls open until Monday evening, in case you didn't get a chance to read about this over the weekend).

A few weeks ago, I left a comment on Jules blog that perhaps we should do a Lenten prayer blog, and of course, Jules took the idea and ran with it!!! We'd like to include ALL bloggers out there with whom we've come into contact - all you have to do is have a blogger I.D.

Please indicate in the comment box below that you want to join this group, and as soon as we get the template up, we'll issue the invitations. The blog will go from Ash Wednesday until Good Friday.

Jules and I will be posting a different scripture verse at the top of the blog every day. You can use this verse for meditation, and then you can write a prayer based on that meditation, or you can write whatever is on your heart for that day.

As Jules said on her blog, "The goal is to give people a chance to see how other people pray and to inspire each other in prayer. . . (do you) see a prayer that you love or like the way someone expresses their prayer? Leave them a comment! Feel the same way they do and feel like they helped you - tell them so! Opening ourselves up to new styles and ways to pray is what this is all about! Just keep in mind that it's the season of Lent and we would like some of the prayers to be focused on what that means to you".

Please feel free to mention this on YOUR blog to help spread the word. We'd love to have a lot of participants so that God will be inundated with our prayers during the 40 days of Lent.

So, please vote for the name in the comment box below, and also indicate if you'd like to be part of this group prayer blog!!

10 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Okay, Val, count me in :)

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

I like Whispers of the Heart

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i like whispers of the heart too

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Spirit of Adoption said...

Sounds like a great way to receive encouragement...and give some with the LORD's grace! I like Whispers of the Heart for a prayer blog, but Forty Days To Forever seems to have more definition/purpose for the "forty day season". I don't know if that makes sense : ) Both names are great! Thanks for intiating this!

And thanks for asking how I've been feeling! This week has been MUCH better....therefore....much easier! Praise the LORD!!! The nausea has eased...there's moments, BUT nothing like before!!! So, that being said...exhaustion and hormones are existent, but MUCH easier for me to "handle"!!! SO THANKFUL!!! Thanks for all your prayers!!!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I like both, but whispers of the heart is nice and soft sounding. I won't be able to join because I have so much other stuff on my plate right now. But it sounds like an idea that you should run with. Let me know if you want me to add a link, or mention it in a post for you. Just email me.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Gina: Great!

Mrs. D: Okay! Will you be joining us, too?

Shawnda: I know, I thought about that, too, in terms of the names. That's why Jules and I decided to have you guys vote. I am SO glad you're feeling better, and I keep you in my prayers for a safe pregnancy. Will you be joining the prayer group with us?

Hi Dorothy: Welcome, and we're happy you're going to join!

Darlene: I just sent you an e-mail about adding a link AND mentioning it in a post (free advertising!). I totally understand why you can't join, but if you want to slip in and add an prayer sometimes, please do!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Forty Days to Forever...

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger JodiTucker said...

Greetings!....Can I join as a "commenter", even though I do not have my own blog? Do I even have an ID name (joditucker)??
I like the Whispers of the Heart, but the Forty Days is OK, too. So, whichever really. May I join?
Thanks, Jodi

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I'm late, sorry. I like the Forty Days To Forever.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Dear All: Please notice my newest post - it will explain what is entailed for you to join, and the level of participation you will have (as little or as much as you want, basically). Thanks, everybody! If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment, but I think it's all pretty self-explanatory.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page