Tuesday, February 28, 2006



Odds and Ends

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your wonderful and touching feedback about my letter to my kids' "other mother". Some of you thought perhaps it was written for DQ's biological mom, but in reality, I wrote it with both biological moms in mind - DQ's and TP's. And because both of these adoptions are closed, I have no way to send this letter out to either mom. I've been asked by a couple of people if I would mind if they reprinted this letter and put it on their websites, and I gave them permission to do so, as long as I was given credit by using my first name and the initial of my last name, which is "W". So, if you would like to reprint it, all I ask is that you do the same, OK?

Secondly, tomorrow is the first day of Lent. This year, I am actually looking forward to this holy season. Jules and I started up a blog specifically geared towards Lent, so please check it out at www.fortytoforever.blogspot.com. It's not to late to join, so please let me know if you are interested.

And finally, please check out Darlene's ezine at www.christianwomenonline.net .
The March edition is now up now and fully functional And it is awesome. It's beautiful. It's breathtaking. She has worked so diligently on this endeavor, so please drop her a note of thanks. My very first magazine article is in it, so I m excited and nervous at the same time.

God bless each and every one of you as this Lenten season begins.

7 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

See? Your writing touches lives.

Way to go.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Catherine West said...

The ezine is awesome!
I can't believe how great it looks!
I am excited.
Talk to you soon,

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Catherine West said...

By the way, I just told my online adoption support group about this blog, so I hope they will come visit you!
The group is called Adoptees Christian Fellowship. They have been a lifeline to me over the past five years. I don't know how I would have made it through without that kind of support, but God provides for all our needs, even through the Internet! Glory!!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger the tentmaker said...

I read your prayer on Forty Days...about decisions.

I wonder if you know this prayer by Thomas Merton:
My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone. Amen.

Blessings on your decision.

Joel

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Jeff - You know how much I have struggled with this writing stuff, don't you? Thanks for what you just said - I appreciate it!

Cathy - I agree about the e-zine!!! I am SO psyched! And thanks for telling your online group about my blog! I appreciate it!

Joel - Wow. What a beautiful prayer. How appropriate for me right now. Thank you so much - it was exactly what I needed. I love Thomas Merton, too!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yes the ezine looks great! you are such a blessing

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hector: God has blessed me in so many ways. Thank you!

Philbert - I agree that Big White Hat is a great man - I love him and Echo dearly. I will check out your blog in a little while - but in the meantime, thank you for commenting here!

Mrs. D - Darlene has done such a wonderful job with the ezine. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page