Monday, December 25, 2006



Hope your Christmas was Wonderful!

We had a great Christmas, just the four of us. Just very relaxing and comforting, having everybody home under the same roof. We are leaving for Michigan in the morning, and won't return until Saturday - so, things will be quiet around here for the next few days.

I know some of you have been sending me an email to let me know that you're having trouble leaving comments, and quite frankly, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I did switch over to the new Blogger last week, so that may account for some of your problems. You may need to get a Gmail account or a Blogger account in order to be able to leave a comment from now own - there should be some instructions on how to do that when you go to leave a comment. If I would have known how much of a pain this was going to be, I wouldn't have switched. I have been wondering why people haven't been commenting lately, and now I know why (but, I also haven't been blogging much lately!).

I'm considering once again discontinuing my blog. The past several months I haven't been keeping up with the quantity or the quality of my writing. I'll let you know after the first of the year what I decide. Please know that I am not looking for a huge outpouring of support for me to keep on going - although that would be great to hear from all of you. I know you all love me, no matter what, and that you'll stand by my decision one way or another. I also know that each of us kind of hits a "dry spell" for awhile, too, so we take a breather. I'm just feeling like I haven't been able to write much for a couple of reasons - one is because a lot of what has been going on is way too personal to write about, and the second one is not being able to write what's on my mind for fear of hurting a person's feelings. Another option for keeping up with my writing is to start up a brand new blog. Whatever my decision is - you will be the first to know!

I hope you enjoy this week between Christmas and New Year's. It's my favorite week of the whole year. I'll see you next week! Take care and have fun playing with all of your new toys! (PS to my hubby - I love my unexpected present!).

10 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Look! I'm in! I'm in to the comments section! Woo Hoo!

Merry Christmas, Val. And Happy New Year. Better say Happy Easter while I'm here just in case blogger freaks out again...

Holler at me when you get back.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Happy Christmas to you and yours Valerie - you are very dear to me!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

My favorite time of the year, too, Valerie. God bless you and your precious family.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Curious Servant said...

First time here... though in looking through the various bloggers who visit and leave comments, I'm surprised I haven't been here before.


What ever you decide... I just want to wish you a happy new year.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger JodiTucker said...

Please keep your blog!! Even if you blog once every three months (like I do) you are a wise woman who affects many lives positively for our Lord through this blog sharing your life. That's my input!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Whatever you decide, you better keep in touch girl! I was thinking about switching to a paper journal as well, due to all the issues I have going on, but I am going to try to re-focus my writing and dig into some new areas before I give up all hope. After all, my blog is my outlet. It's the one place that is all my own.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Val, I could take a look at your settings if you send me your username and password. It's probably just a click of a box--that's my guess.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Spirit of Adoption said...

Merry Christmas, Val!!! It's OK if you aren't too consistent right now in your writing! I think all your readers know it's been a tough season for you!!! Just stick around and write when you can/feel led to...it's always a joy to hear from you and to know how we can pray!!! : )

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, Val. You might consider doing a separate, anonymous blog, and see if that gives you greater freedom to express what you need to express. I'd urge to keep this one up for awhile, though, even if you decide not to post to it. You never know when someone might stumble across a past post you've done that will be meaningful to them.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Pilgrim said...

Val,
I know what you mean about the limitations of the blog format, and the decreasing depth after while. After awhile, the blog became as much social as creative for me. You write differently for friends than you would in an essay. You start to know your readers, and it changes how you write. So you still need to write a book on the side. :-)

Also, life intrudes. I got really bogged down in some things I couldn't make so public, also--and those things end up needing to be processed in offline venues, somehow.

I know how you feel.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page