Monday, April 16, 2007



Blogging Anniversary

My two year blogging anniversary is coming up, on April 22nd. Actually, my first entry was just a couple of sentences in March of 2005, but I didn't actually "start" until almost a month later.

I'm also nearing my 20,000th visitor. Not monumental at all when compared to other blogging buddies' numbers, but hey, I've always said I'm not in this for popularity or recognition - I'm just here because I enjoy writing about my life as a mom. Nonetheless, even though my numbers are low comparatively speaking, I'm amazed that I've even had 20 thousand visits to this lowly little blog!!!

Wouldn't it be cool if somehow, some way, I'd reach 20,000 by my anniversary on the 22nd? It's probably not going to happen because that would mean "only" 1,500 hits in the next 6 days, but it would be kind of a neat anniversary present!

Anyway, if there are any "lurkers" out there, please say "hi" over the next few days. I'd love to officially meet you and get to know you.

And to all of my blogging friends - thanks. Thank you SO MUCH for being there with me over the past two years. All of you are so very special to me. I love you!

14 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

It's been an honor and a real learning experience to see how you handle yourself when life's challenges come up. I wouldn't have missed it.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am honoured to call you "friend" my friend.....

Blessings

Bxxx

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Congrats on the blogiversary and the visitors. You've added a much needed breath of fresh air to the 'sphere.

Blessings on you and yours, Val.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

I'm not so much a lurker, but a rare-commenter, lol.

Happy Anniversary!!

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

only 1500 hits left lol. teasing I know I know I am studying to but I need a break it was time that is all I have been doing to day till I took my nap and forgot one of my meetings but I think we are changing times but I wanted your readers to know I am still around here talking to my momma occasionally even though I am really busy constantly any more.

Love ya Momma

TP

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the bloogaversary, Val!

Since you've been blogging, I have lost my sister and my father. Yesterday, I learned of the VA Tech victims was a friend of the family (see my blog for more details). I can honestly say that your blog is one of the most grounded, sensible, blogs I read. I come here for a breath of fresh air.

Congrats and many more!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

What an amazing journey it has been! Congrat's....a little in advance!

Diane

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger William Teach said...

Happy blogoversary!

Here is to many, many more!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger ann said...

What a great anniversary gift that would be for you! I have a few blogging friends I'll send your way! Once they find their way here, they will probably be back often. I'm glad you blog and I'm glad that I am one of your "vistors".

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger susan said...

Oh the 22nd, that's our oldest girl cats 1st birthday!
So happy birthday Gracie and Happy Blogoversary Valerie.

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your contribution, no matter how small you might think it is, is valuable. You've proven that blood does not make a parent and your experiences provide a unique perspective many of us aren't aware of. Love you, take care, and happy anniversary.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

Thanks for sharing on your blog, Valerie. I enjoy reading it.

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Congrats..this lurker is just popping in to say hello and to help you boost your numbers!!!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Jules - you've been there so much for me over the past couple of years, thank you so much, my friend.

Barbara - ditto! I miss you!

Jeff - Thank you. You're pretty special to me, you know!

Jackie - Thanks for swinging by - I appreciate it!

TP - I love you, too, sweetie! Keep up the good work at school!

Joe - I'm so sorry for all of your losses. Thank you for coming by and commenting - I appreciate it!

Thanks, Diana!

William - thank you so much.

Ann - I think of you more as a friend than as a "visitor"!!

Susan - Thanks!

Stacy - I've come to love you, too. I'm keeping you and yours in prayer!

Rosemary - I'm glad that I'm getting to know you better!

Rebecca - Thanks for popping in with your well wishes!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page