Wednesday, June 11, 2008



News!

We finally have a diagnosis for DQ - she has scoliosis. We are starting out with physical therapy beginning today. And, she won't be able to drive a car quite yet because she still is experiencing "spells" (as the doctor put it). Our next appointment is in two months to see what he recommends next. It's hard to get a "read" on DQ's reaction to this news. I'll talk to her more about it today, as we head over to the hospital for PT. I'm not sure how this is going to impact her participation in band this year, but I hope it doesn't have any effect.

Today, we are weloming two new babies into our home!!! They are a brother/sister duo, and they are adorable. The little girl's name is Angel, and the boy's name is Tiger - and they are baby Bichon's!! We are excited. Angel will be DQ's baby, and Tiger will be my husband's dog (he named him - don't blame me). I already have my "baby" Bichon, Katy, who just turned 11. She's such a gentle soul, and she follows me everywhere - even into the bathroom. I shall post pictures once we get them. There is still one male left which needs to be adopted, but we aren't crazy enough to take him home . . . I don't think.

DQ took her SAT on Saturday, and will take her ACT on this coming Saturday. She gets her wisdom teeth out on Monday, and she has "swollen eyeballs" for which she has been prescribed eyedrops. I think it was due to all the studying she did last week for her finals - LOL. Actually, they aren't sure what it causing them to swell, but she can't wear her contacts until the swelling goes down. We go back into the eye doctor on Friday to see how they are doing.

A package with DQ's uniform for Interlochen came the other day. Her dream is finally becoming a reality! I am so happy for her, and it's fun to watch her excitement. We'll be in Michigan in 9 days, for a period of 3 beautiful weeks. The only sad thing is having to leave the puppies behind, although my dog will be coming along with me.

When we get home, we'll be making the guest bedroom into DQ's "dorm" room, complete with a loft bed and a writer's desk. The colors she has chosen for the walls will be an interesting combination (that's an understatement). Her present bedroom will become the guest room. And TP's old room will become my office doubled as another guest room. I haven't quite figured out the details for these other two bedrooms yet, but it will be fun pulling it all together. I may have to get rid of some of the bedroom furniture, but haven't quite decided what pieces will be sold yet.

So, I'm keeping busy, focusing on my daughter and my husband, and thanking God for all that He has given to me (including two new babies!).

8 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers continue for all whom your heart holds dear. Great news about the doggies!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh wow! Scoliosis is very treatable, right? I hear chiropractic work can do wonders! Praying for ya'll!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Wonderful that now you know what's going on and can begin her treatment.

And new doggies!!! Yippee!!!

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be such a relief to have a diagnosis! And, a diagnosis for a very "treatable" condition. God is good and prayers have been answered. The plans for the redecorating sound like so much fun. What a great and uplifting post! I rejoice with you in all the great things going on right now in your life and continue to pray for the others things, too!
In His Love and Blessings,
annb

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

Hope DQ has a good respose to the treatment and physio and that it won't impact too much on her busy life....

The doggies sound adorable - photos please?

Thinking of you all and especially you as you have your "me" time away..

Blessings

Bx

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Thanks, my friends, for your kind words and continued prayers and support. I'll let you know how the treatments go for DQ, and how the housebreaking goes for the puppies!!!!

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie,

It's been a while since I visited last and I am sorry to hear that your family is having to deal with this adversity. You and DQ are in my thoughts and prayers, and by all means, we want to see pictures of the new family members!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hey, Joe!!! It's been such a long time - thanks for stopping by! I hope all is well with you and yours. thanks for the prayers - I appreciate them!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page