Friday, June 26, 2009



Bucket of Parts--the transplant blog: My Family Onscreen

Bucket of Parts--the transplant blog: My Family Onscreen

Please go and read my friend's blog entry. Emily's story is a very unique one, and I have long admired her courage and strength and grace throughout her illness.

She has written a moving review of the new movie which is out, "My Sister's Keeper," which is a movie which DQ wants to take me to. I am wondering if there will be similarities or parallels to our family life with the family which is featured in this movie. Emily found several instances where it reminded her of her own situation.

I will write my own review after we see the movie. I am curious to see how DQ reacts to it all. And, I'd really like to go see it with TP sometime as it will bring back many memories, I am sure. Out of pain, comes strength - and that is so true of TP.

3 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Emily said...

aw, thanks Val!
It might be hard for you to watch. I'm not sure if my parents should see it. They've read the book, but seeing it is a completely different animal altogether.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Thanks for posting this, I've been reading her blog all afternoon (while when Donovan is napping anyway!).

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Paula said...

I'll check out that link when I leave here. Girl...we need to talk. I've been wrapped up in the vlogging community at YouTube for a while now and the drama finally sent me packing. Lots happened. Anyway, I'm back to my blog where I'm safe and can manage the drama. Love ya!!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page